25 Mar 2009

A New Low

Now, I know that what I'm about to speak (rant) about has been discussed to death and is really old (patch 2.4.3 old) but I feel that it needs to be said. Again.

I hate what Blizzard has done to Anub'arak. I really do. The coolest (and toughest, lets face it) Scourge Hero from WC3 has been reduced to a level 72-74 5-man dungeon boss. That's just mean.

Anub'arak, along with Kel'Thuzad, are two of the Lich King's strongest, most influential servants. In the Burning Crusade Expansion, both of Illidan Stormrage's lieutenants, Lady Vashj and Kael'Thas Sunstrider, were both made into 25-man Raid bosses, both of whom, in lore, were arguably weaker than the mighty Crypt Lord.

I mean, Anub'arak destroyed Illidan's massive army marching on Icecrown Citadel, by himself. C'mon. When Blizzard said they had big plans for Anub'arak, I really thought 'Raid Boss' not 'Kinda hard but not really dungeon Elite'.

Though, I suppose Blizzard could always pull a Patchwerk and raise him to fight again, bigger and better than before. I just think they keep screwing over their own lore most of the time and it really annoys me.

If I heard, in a later patch, that they were re-releasing Azjol-Nerub, as a huge, sprawling 25-man Raid instance (like how they should've done it originally) that was actually REALLY Hard, I would be all 'Hell Yea!"

Um, well, that's me all done (for now). Sorry for ranting but after running through Azjol-Nerub when I ding'd 72, I was disappointed, don't get me wrong though, it's my favourite instance, it's just on too small a scale, for my tastes.

Plus the only thing that a hunter has even a remote interest in, loot-wise is Cobweb Machette.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ranting aside, I wanted to point my blogroll atcha...you're in the general and hunter sections. let me know if I need to change that up!

Also, you've been tagged, muahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Perhaps this is like coming out of retirement and becoming a Wal-Mart greeter...not the same vigorous working adult, but still useful in some way.

Pike said...

My boyfriend has the exact same complaint =P He always goes on a "Azjol-Nerub is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SHORT!!" rant when we run it on Heroic...

TAG said...

lol your boyfriend seems like a very sensible person then :P